About Personal Information Protection
Background of Personal Information Protection Policy of Eppendorf Himac Technologies Co., Ltd.
Eppendorf Himac Technologies Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "Eppendorf Himac Technologies") handles various personal information including information provided by customers. With this in mind, Eppendorf Himac Technologies has strived to establish and fully enforce an information management system in order to respect the value of the said information.
Considering such background, Eppendorf Himac Technologies will attempt to create rules and establish a management system for the personal information protection in Eppendorf Himac Technologies, as well as to set a personal information protection policy as below and spread it among board members and employees. Eppendorf Himac Technologies will strive to protect personal information appropriately based on this policy.
Definition of Personal Information
Eppendorf Himac Technologies Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "Eppendorf Himac Technologies") shall define that personal information means information about existing individuals, including the name, birth date and other descriptions about them, or a number, symbol, code, image or sound assigned to them, that identifies the individuals (it shall also include the information
that cannot identify individuals by itself, but can, as it easily can be verified with some other information.) In addition, it shall not be limited to personal identifiers, but shall include any information that indicates a fact, recognition and assessment about the attribute of individuals, including a physical characteristic, property, occupation or status.
Eppendorf Himac Technologies protects and manages personal information with the greatest care and the best effort based on the "Eppendorf Himac Technologies Personal Information Protection Policy" below.
Scope of Application
This document, "About Personal Information Protection," establishes the Eppendorf Himac Technologies's procedures for handling personal information.
Eppendorf Himac Technologies Personal Information Protection Policy
- Collect, use and provide personal information
While carefully considering the customer's information is entrusted to us in our company activities, Eppendorf Himac Technologies will handle such information appropriately by establishing a management system for personal information protection for each type of business, and also by following our rules for collecting, using or providing personal information.
- Follow laws and norms
When handling personal information, Eppendorf Himac Technologies will follow the laws and other norms set for protection of the information concerned. Eppendorf Himac Technologies will establish original personal information management rules compliant with such laws and other norms.
- Implement safety measures
To ensure the correctness and safety of personal information, in accordance with the rules for information security, Eppendorf Himac Technologies will implement various measures such as managing access to personal information, restricting the means for transporting personal information outside the company and preventing incorrect access from outside the company, and strive to prevent the loss, destruction, falsification, leakage, or other abuses of personal information.
- Respect a person's rights regarding his or her personal information
When a person makes a request to disclose, correct or delete his or her own personal information, seeks to prevent the use or provision of such information, Eppendorf Himac Technologies will respond with sincerity, respecting the person's rights related to that personal information.
- Establish rules for managing personal information protection and make continual improvements
Eppendorf Himac Technologies will make sure that executive staff and workers recognize the importance of personal information protection, and will establish rules for personal information management to appropriately use and protect personal information and ensure that it is put in execution. These rules will be maintained and improved continually.
Collection/Usage Purpose and Provision to Third Party of Personal Information
- In relation to Eppendorf Himac Technologies's main business activities for manufacturing and selling and life science instruments, Eppendorf Himac Technologies will use personal information only to achieve each purpose.
- Execution of a contract concluded between Eppendorf Himac Technologies and a customer
- Contacts for business negotiations and meetings with a customer.
- Delivery of after-sales service on products.
- Sending of information on events and new products.
- Delivery of various membership services.
- Affairs of stocks.
- Response to various inquiries from a customer.
- Analysis based on questionnaires to improve products and services.
- Provision of personal information to the group company in case of co-operation with them.
- Eppendorf Himac Technologies will not provide the personal information with a third party without first obtaining consent of the customer, except in the following cases:
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is based on laws
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is specially necessary for improving public hygiene or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state institution, a local public body, or an individual or entity entrusted by one in executing the operations prescribed by laws and in which obtaining the consent of the customer might impede the execution of the operations concerned
- Cases in which an entry handling personal information entrust the handling of personal information in whole or in part within the scope necessary for the achievement of the Purpose of Use
- Case in which personal information is provided as a result of the take-over of business in a merger or otherwise
- When required to do so for business activities in which Eppendorf Himac Technologies is cooperating with the group companies, Eppendorf Himac Technologies may provide such group companies with personal information such as a name, workplace or home addresses, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, etc. If this is the case, the personal information will be provided in print or electronic media. In addition, the customer may request us to stop the provision of the personal information with the group companies.
- When a customer contacts Eppendorf Himac Technologies by telephone, the conversation may be recorded to aid accurate replies.
Request to Disclose Personal Information or Complaints Reception
When a customer wants to request to disclose, correct, add, delete, stop usage, stop provision to a third party, or notify the purpose of usage of his/her personal information (hereinafter referred to as "disclose and so on") held by Eppendorf Himac Technologies, or wants to raise complaints, the customer is requested to follow the following procedures:
- Request to disclose personal information.
For the details of the request to disclose personal information, please see the following web site.
Concerning Requests for Disclosure
- Complaints for our personal information handling.
Please fill in the requested items in the "Complaints Form Concerning Handling of Personal Information" and send it to the following address, or contact us by e-mail or facsimile.
Eppendorf Himac Technologies Co., Ltd.
Shinagawa Intercity Tower A, 18th Floor,
15-1, Konan 2-chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-6018, Japan
Request to customer
- While most of Eppendorf Himac Technologies's services can be used without the personal information, please note that some services are only available with the submission of the personal information.
- Please note that Eppendorf Himac Technologies is not responsible for the security of personal information in any non-Eppendorf Himac Technologies website whose link is included in the Eppendorf Himac Technologies's web site.
- If a customer enters the personal information into the Eppendorf Himac Technologies's website, he or she is required to agree upon the provisions in this document, "About Personal Information Protection", otherwise you may not use our services (including response to inquiries).
- Our personal information protection policy shall be in accordance with the laws of Japan.
- Eppendorf Himac Technologies may revise this document, "About Personal Information Protection," to improve the handling of personal information and/or due to the revision of laws or ordinances, or other rules or regulations.
- The implementation of this document, "About Personal Information Protection," shall be after the issued date (or revised date).
- If each web contents has its own personal information policy, this policy shall supersede the provisions of any other policies in the Eppendorf Himac Technologies web contents.
Inquiries about This Website
(Inquiries except for personal information disclosure or complaints)
If you have any inquiries about this website except for personal information disclosure or complaints, please contact Inquiry form.
*Any personal information you submit to Eppendorf Himac Technologies will be deleted, as we answer your inquiry, and will not hold it.
Contact through Inquiry form